KJCC Is Hiring: Undergrad Intern (for Credits) and Undergrad Office Assistant
INTERNSHIP AT KJCC: 2 credits (8-10 hours) / 4 credits (12-16 hours)
Administered through the Department of Spanish & Portuguese with approval from Internship Director, Lourdes Dávila: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or internship course credit through another department with approval of KJCC Director and supervising internship faculty member.
1 position available each semester (may be filled by the same student for the full year with approval from Internship Coordinator and KJCC Director)
- Cover letter explaining why you would like this internship and what you would bring to it
- Writing samples in English and Spanish (for example: seminar paper or creative writing, submit no more than 5 page excerpt)
- Unofficial transcript
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty or NYU staff who knows you well to be sent under separate cover to email@example.com
Deadline to apply for Fall 2023: May 5 and ongoing until filled
Special Project: Fridays on the Patio
- Oversee and project manage “Fridays on the Patio” program for undergraduate and graduate students in Spanish & Portuguese, CLACS and CEMS (Center for European and Mediterranean Studies); but open to students across the University and in partnership with other programs, units and student clubs
- Work directly with the Director of the KJCC on undergraduate programs, with a focus on the “Fridays on the Patio” program
- Follow guidelines for internships set by the Department: weekly journal entries, analytical paper about the experience, weekly meetings with Director
- Patio program is held 3-5pm select Fridays (September-early November; March-May)
- Intern must be available Fridays 2-6pm (with exceptions decided upon in advance)
- Possible coordination with KJCC Advisory Board undergraduate rep - for outreach and coordination with student clubs
- Develop program ideas drawing from NYU community and beyond *Goal to bring students together and raise awareness of the KJCC as a cultural resource for students while following Covid protocols for social distance and safety
- Oversee beverage and food set up (with support from Luis Pérez, KJCC administrative secretary, and hourly undergraduate employees if needed); and set up, program, and take down with undergrad hourly employees
- Develop directed publicity and mailing just for students and faculty; manage RSVP and attendance list (google forms, correspondence, check in, etc.); option to assist with design of flyers
- Write and manage correspondence with all partners (invited guests, clubs, departments, other students interested in developing programs); should demonstrate good writing and communication skills in English and preferably Spanish as well
- Should be comfortable interacting with others, building good relationships between KJCC and the community
- Creativity very welcome: to think up new program ideas, partnerships, and strategies for getting the word out on campus about KJCC’s undergrad programs and initiatives
KJCC UNDERGRADUATE OFFICE ASSISTANT
20 hours a week, during office hours of Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Duration: Fall 2023- Spring 2024
Compensation: $20 an hour
This is a Federal Work Study position.
About the position:
NYU KJCC is seeking an Undergraduate Office Assistant for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. Looking for an organized, and dependable assistant to aid in maintaining KJCC spaces and perform various clerical duties.
The King Juan Carlos I of Spain Center (KJCC) promotes research and teaching on Spain and the Spanish-speaking world at New York University, including free public programs for a general audience that highlight the history, politics and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Take room reservations and book spaces for other NYU departments.
- Set-up vendors & honoraria recipients via NYU payment system, and process payments.
- Inspect the condition of spaces and equipment, and notify relevant parties for maintenance.
- Follow-up on Maintenance requests.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment.
- Order and replenish supplies.
- Use of Google Docs Editors Suite to document and share information with staff.
- Answer information inquiries by email and phone from the NYU community and general public.
- Coordinate and undertake additional clerical tasks as needed in consultation with KJCC staff, including Director, Associate Director and Administrative Secretary.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn NYU administrative suite of tools, including I-Buy, Agencia, PeopleSync, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and concentrate in a busy office environment (Office assistant will be given their own desk, computer and phone to use.)
- Ability and interest to work with a small, high energy staff on programs related to Spain and the Spanish speaking world (fluency in written and oral Spanish a plus).
- Ability and interest to work with social media and assist staff with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different staff within KJCC and across NYU.
Small staff with opportunities to grow in the position in relation to your interests
Apply here: https://app.joinhandshake.com/emp/jobs/7776999