Renting spaces at KJCC (available only to NYU departments)
● Reservations will not be taken until KJCC schedule of events is finalized for the semester.
● Spaces will only be reserved for NYU departments with payments made through the department’s chartfield.
● As a courtesy, the following departments in the building will not be charged for reservations: The Brademas Center, The Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, History, Hebrew & Judaic Studies, and Hellenic Studies. These reservations will be made through the renting department’s administrative offices and all support for the location will be provided by that office. Same for the Spanish & Portuguese, Speaking Freely, and FAS for daytime training sessions. (See policies for departments with waived rental fees).
● Reservations must be made at least one week in advance.
● Reservations can not be made more than two months in advance.
● Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to avoid charges.
● Rental is for the space only. Limited support is offered for audio visual equipment.
Equipment can be used but performance is not guaranteed. KJCC is not responsible for malfunctions. Contact **Campus Media for further support.
● These spaces are not to be used for regular classroom activities. In special circumstances, some spaces can be used for individual class meetings (i.e. make-up classes).
● Rental is confirmed once we’ve received a completed room reservation form and an email confirmation is sent.
● All policies subject to change.
● All reservations/requests/confirmations must be made through e-mail.
● All rooms are charged in blocks of 4 hours.
● No dance events.
Preparing for your event
● Reserving parties will be completely responsible for their events. This includes arranging for catering, set-up, clean- up, audio visual, and security**. There is no guarantee or obligation for KJCC staff to be on hand during your event. Please contact us for a walkthrough at least 2 weeks beforehand to address any questions or concerns.
● All rooms must be left in the same condition they were found in.
● No candles or open flames.
● Furniture can not be moved without prior approval by KJCC.
● Furniture can not be moved outside or against the walls.
● Furniture must be placed back after event.**
● PLEASE BE AWARE OF NEW POLICY for the 1st floor Atrium chairs and coffee tables will remain in the middle of the space during the entire day. Can be moved only for evening events after 5pm. All additional tables and furniture moved into the space for day events must be removed from the space and returned once the event finishes.
● Furniture deliveries and other large deliveries must be approved by KJCC.
● There is no guarantee or obligation for KJCC staff to be on hand or to sign for any deliveries. Security guards are not able to sign for deliveries.
● No loud music in the Atrium before 6pm or without prior approval. If there is a class, office, or event in the building that is being disturbed you will have to turn down the volume.
● Nothing can be left after the event is over. There is no storage space and materials might be discarded.
● There will be an hour buffer between events for set-up and tear-down/clean-up.
● Reservations made outside of the hours of Monday-Friday, 8am-10pm, will need to hire Security Staffing via the Public Safety web site (click “Request Safety Services” at right).****
● Catering companies from outside of NYU are permitted. Large deliveries must be approved by KJCC.
● Approval needed before adhering anything on the wall, furniture, or anything in the space. No strong adhesives are to be placed on the wall. Remove any signs and tape from the space once your event is over.
● All trash must be placed in the trash receptacles at the end of your event.
● Tables and chairs can be set-up via request to Client Services Center*. Up to 30 chairs, 4 6’x2.5’ tables, and 2 8’x2.5’ tables are available in the building. No additional furniture available through Client Services Center and might need to be rented through a 3rd party.
● If there is food during your weekend event you will have to hire out services via the Client Services center to clean- up at the end of the night.
● For professional audio-visual support please contact Campus Media**. If you decide not to go with Campus Media an appointment can be made with KJCC (please request at least 2 weeks before your event) to receive instruction on operating the equipment. But there are no guarantees on equipment performance. Using Campus Media is strongly recommended to make everything go smoothly.
● Security Guard is responsible for having doors open for your event.
● Internet: The screening room has wi-fi and a land-line connection. You can contact ITS for same-day generation of a guest Wi-Fi username and password. Land-line should be set-up at least one week in advance and verified to work by your IT support.***
● Valid form of photo ID required to enter the building.
● If Kitchen is needed: at least one week notice is needed to coordinate pick-up of keys. Keys must be returned by the next day. If no one is in the office please put keys in a sealed envelope labeled KJCC and slip under the door of suite 201, 2nd floor. Kitchen must be left clean.
Departments with waived rental fees.
● These reservations will be made through the renting department’s administrative offices and all support for the location will be provided by that office. Support/Demos/Walkthroughs from KJCC will be provided to designated contacts in the departments.
● Please do not offer the space to other departments and organizations as your sole contribution for sponsorship. The rental should only be for your department’s events.