About the Center
To promote research and teaching on Spain and the Spanish-speaking world at the university, and to mount free public programs for a general audience that highlight the history, politics and cultures of the Spanish-speaking world.
- Encourage inclusion of the Spanish-speaking world in areas where traditionally it has been marginalized, such as European studies, philosophy, politics, and economics.
- Provide an intellectual home for US scholars interested in the Spanish-speaking world.
- Support NYU students and faculty with an academic interest in the Hispanic world, while strengthening Spanish, Latin American and Latino studies at the University.
- Serve as an important cultural resource for New York City by celebrating the rich history and cultures of Spain and Latin America through free seminars, exhibits, lectures, and the like.
- Act as a liaison among Spanish, Latin American and US cultural organizations and individuals involved in academia and the arts.
- Organize events that foster dialogue and cooperation among leaders from the private and public sectors in Spain, Latin America and the United States.
- Carroll and Milton Petrie*
- Caixa d’Estalvis i Pensions de Barcelona
- Caja de Ahorros y Monte de Piedad de Madrid*
- CITGO Petroleum Corporation*
- The Coca-Cola Foundation*
- Fundación Coca-Cola de España*
- Fundación Ramón Areces*
- Fundación Tabacalera, S.A.*
- Grupo Endesa*
- Iberdrola, S.A.*
- Morgan Stanley Group
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Telefónica de España, S.A.* *Member of the Sir Harold Acton Society, which honors donors whose gifts to New York University equal or exceed $1 million